Industrial PCs are used mostly for PROCESS CONTROL and/or DATA ACQUISITION. Sometimes, an INDUSTRIAL PC is simply used as a front-end to another control computer in a distributed processing environment. Custom software can be written for a particular application, or if available an off-the-shelf package can be used to provide a basic level of programming. Among the industrial PC brands we offer is JANZ TEC from Germany.
An application may simply require the I/O such as the serial port provided by the motherboard. In some cases, expansion cards are installed in order to provide analog and digital I/O, specific machine interface, expanded communications ports,…etc., as required by the application.
Industrial PCs offer features different from consumer PCs in terms of reliability, compatibility, expansion options and long-term supply.
Industrial PCs are generally manufactured in lower volumes than home or office PCs. A popular category of industrial PC is the 19-INCH RACKMOUNT FORM FACTOR. Industrial PCs are typically more expensive than comparable office style computers with similar performance. SINGLE-BOARD COMPUTERS and BACKPLANES are used primarily in Industrial PC systems. However, the majority of industrial PCs are manufactured with COTS MOTHERBOARDS.
Construction and Features of Industrial PCs:
Virtually all Industrial PCs share an underlying design philosophy of providing a controlled environment for the installed electronics to survive the rigors of the plant floor. The electronic components themselves may be selected for their ability to withstand higher and lower operating temperatures than typical commercial components.
- Heavier and rugged metal construction as compared to the typical office non-rugged computer
- Enclosure form factor that includes provision for mounting into the surrounding environment (such as 19'' rack, wall mount, panel mount, etc.)
- Additional cooling with air filtering
- Alternative cooling methods such as using forced air, a liquid, and/or conduction
- Retention and support of expansion cards
- Enhanced Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) filtering and gasketing
- Enhanced environmental protection such as dust proofing, water spray or immersion proofing, etc.
- Sealed MIL-SPEC or Circular-MIL connectors
- More robust controls and features
- Higher grade power supply
- Lower consumption 24 V power supply designed for use with DC UPS
- Controlled access to the controls through the use of locking doors
- Controlled access to the I/O through the use of access covers
- Inclusion of a watchdog timer to reset the system automatically in case of a software lock-up
Download our ATOP TECHNOLOGIES brand compact product brochure
(Download ATOP Technologies Product List 2021)
Download our JANZ TEC brand compact product brochure
Download our KORENIX brand compact product brochure
Download our DFI-ITOX brand Industrial Motherboards brochure
Download our DFI-ITOX brand embedded single board computers brochure
Download our ICP DAS brand PACs Embedded Controllers & DAQ brochure
Some of our popular industrial PC products from Janz Tec AG are:
- FLEXIBLE 19'' RACK MOUNT SYSTEMS : The areas of operation and requirements for 19'' systems are very wide within the industry. You can choose between industrial main board technology and slot CPU technology with the use of a passive backplane.
- SPACE SAVING WALL MOUNTING SYSTEMS : Our ENDEAVOUR series are flexible industrial PCs incorporating industrial components. As the standard, slot CPU boards with passive backplane technology are used.
You can select the product matching your requirements, or you can find out more about individual variations of this product family by contacting us. Our Janz Tec industrial PCs can be combined with conventional industrial control systems or PLC controllers.